Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Food Touchdown

If you follow me on Instagram then you have seen my weekend has been filled with cooking and baking! Fall is my favorite season. Summer can not even exist and I would love life. It's good for about 2 weeks and then I'm ready to boot it out the door. I love the smells and weather of fall. Living in Chicago we have very few trees, but right outside our window we have one and the leaves have been changing colors. It's amazing to see God's beauty and even realize how much I take it for granted. Whenever Brett and I travel home we always chuckle at the fact that from Ankeny to Chicago there is nothing but cornfields but then boom you have this big ole city. A city that I have grown to love! When we have to move away someday it'll be bittersweet. I love the busyness and walking everywhere thing, but also hate the crowded expensive life! There is so much to do here, so if you ever visit let me know i'll give you a list of fun things to do!

Okay enough about my life. Since it's a saturday (and yes my soup is on the stove so come back for that recipe) I obviously needed to make something to eat while watching football. My husband is a huge nachos and potatoes guy. So I made some loaded steak fries for us to enjoy, and boy did we enjoy them! Here's the recipe. I've decided I might change my recipes to paragraph form, it's a lot easier. Sorry if you are a steps person.

Loaded Steak Fries
::Ingredients::

4-6 potatoes
olive oil
sea salt and pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup ranch
1/4  cup milk
1 cup (or however much you prefer) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1/4 cup green onion

Preheat oven to 400. Cut your fries into steak fries (thick), leave the skin on. Put cut fries onto a foiled baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil to coat and lightly toss. Add salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. In bowl combine the sour cream, ranch and milk. Whisk together until combined. On a separate sheet or platter (that's okay to go back into the oven) spread out 3/4 of sour cream sauce. Place hot fries on sauce and drizzle the leftover sauce over top. Sprinkle your toppings. Place in oven so cheese can melt. Take out and enjoy!

This was to die for! The sauce that goes on it is so yummy! It was definitely a touchdown in our football Saturday.

Enjoy this weather and enjoy time with your family this weekend.

Peace, love and new recipes.
-Meredith



No comments:

Post a Comment