Tuesday, September 11, 2012

An easy peasy weeknight meal

When I say easy, I mean you throw the ingredients in your pan and throw it in the oven. Not literally throw but you know what I mean. You might break your pan or oven if you did that.

When I was growing up I felt like my mom made gourmet meals when some of them were the easiest things to make! This is simple, easy, and tastes great! I'm sure most of you readers out there even have the ingredients on hand!

Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots

Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts
potatoes (I used yellow, but you can use any)
carrots

1. Make sure you pound out your chicken so it's not as thick, cut the extra fatty pieces off, and wash it.

2. Clean your potatoes, cut them in half or fours if you are using bigger potatoes.

3. Clean the carrots.

4. Place chicken breasts into deep covered dish or a 9x13 pan. Cover with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

5. throw in the potatoes and carrots, as many as you'd like!

6. Add some more olive oil to coat.

7. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Make sure that the chicken is cooked as well as the carrots and potatoes softened. I added some cheese at the end to add a little taste!

Voila! Easy meal for all!

I'm loving the weather in Chicago right now. Our windows are open and the fresh air is rolling in! Not the mention the joy of fall sports and new shows starting up!! Sorry to all of you for not posting as much lately. I have lots of recipes to show but not enough time in the day to get them all on here!! Next one will be up very very soon!

Peace, Love and easy recipes!

-Meredith


No comments:

Post a Comment