Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cheesy-Chicken-Enchiladas

Now I have seen many recipes online and on Pinterest for this recipe. There are a bunch of different ways to make them, but this one will always be my favorite! This meal is not spicy, but if you do want spice you can easily add it! The taste is unbelievably good, every time I make it there are always compliements!! Mark it as another easy recipe. It may sound hard, but my newly married sister-in-law who is just learning cooking made it and loved them! I've even pre-made them the night before so that my husband can put them in the oven so we can eat when I get home.

Cheesy-Chicken-Enchiladas
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups Monterey Jack, shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 tsp each: cumin, pepper, salt
corn tortillas (6 in - small tortillas i usually fit 12-14 tortillas in my pan)
1 can enchilada sauce, I get the medium sized can (I get mild, if you want them really spicy get medium)
Lettuce and salsa (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 9x13 pan

2 Mix together chicken, 1 cup MJ cheese, cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, cumin, s&p.

2. Pour some enchilada sauce into pie plate and dip tortillas to coat.

3. Spread 1/3 cup mixture onto tortilla. Roll up tortilla and put seam down into pan. Repeat until you are out. Remember it's not a beauty contest.

4. Cover enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce.

5. Bake 30 minutes (a little longer if it's been in fridge) Sprinkle MJ cheese over the enchiladas and back additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.

Add some salsa, sour cream and lettuce and enjoy!!
If you want more spice than use medium sauce instead or add hot salsa.

Unfortunately my phone got messed up and I had to restore it and lost all my photos I took. So I lost the photo I took of this. Not the happiest girl in the world, but it happens. This weekend I'm making Lasagna soup which I am so excited for! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Peace, Love and cold fall nights.
-Meredith



No comments:

Post a Comment