Saturday, September 8, 2012

Soupy Saturday #2

I have been off on blogging this week, but I am back!

This week was my sissy-in-laws birthday, Brett's birthday, I started a new job, and My in-laws came into town! It was a busy week but it was lots of fun! I have lots of recipes I'm going to post this week so be watching.


Saturday came and went. Now my husband and I are both sick, not fun! We decided to have our soup on friday this week since Brett's family came into town and we were out all saturday. This week was Brett's favorite, Chicken Taco Soup. His mom made it for him all the time growing up and it is so delicious, and so simple! I forgot to take a picture, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out without an illustration!


This makes for about 6-8 people, I usually double the recipe though because everyone wants seconds!!



  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) chicken broth
  • 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
  • 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • shredded Cheddar cheese 
  • sour cream 
  • crushed tortilla chips 

  1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, broth, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours (or longer).
  2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips.

Enjoy!!! It is Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Peace, Love and lovely fall weather

-Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment