Monday, September 17, 2012

Momma's cookin.

I know, I know I've been missing lately. To be honest I haven't been cooking anything super new. We've been really busy as well! As fall is approaching I am loving this season more and more! I love getting my boots out! Yes, in Chicago we get our boots out early or just leave them out all year long.

So last week I mentioned I made the mini-meatloaf that my lovely mother-in-law makes. Although it is one of my favorite dishes, there is just no comparison to my mom's meatloaf. Brett and I love both of them, but we both lean toward our own mom's recipes. Nothing like our mom's home cooking. In all reality meatloaf is meatloaf. The difference between these is that one is more bbq flavored and the other is more tomato flavor. Just like  last weeks meatloaf, this meatloaf is just as easy! Combine all the ingredients and there you go!




Mom's Meatloaf

Ingredients
I used all natural, fresh and organic for this recipe, yummy!!

1.5 – 2lbs ground beef
one egg
¾ cup cracker crumbs – bread crumbs, flavored itailian seasoned.
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
½- 1 tsp oregano
½ tsp pepper
½ cup onion chopped
1-2 cups mozz cheese



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. In a bowl combine uncooked ground beef, egg, cracker crumbs, half tomato sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and onion.

3. Put the mixings on a baking sheet and make into a rectangular patty

4. Sprinkle cheese in the middle. I use lots, because I love it cheesy!

5. Roll up the sides and pinch the ends so it's all closed. **

6. Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes.

7. Take out and put the remaining tomato sauce spread on top of the meatloaf. Put in oven for 10 more minutes.

Take out and enjoy!! Sometimes I add some ketchup to mine to add some more flavoring!
**Usually mine will open up and have cheese falling out of it, don't worry about it! It doesn't need to look pretty, just taste fresh!

This goes great with mashed potatoes and a salad!

Next couple posts will be some tips, tricks and some baking!! Excited for you all to learn!

Peace, Love and pumpkin spice.
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment